New Nero Pump from AquaIllumination

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similarities with the RB and Octo pulse except they have the power cord in the tank these don't.

I'm wondering how wide the flow will be. That's a big factor for me. It's also kind of a "tweener", twice as much flow as an MP10 but only 2/3 of what an MP40 has. I'm very interested. I'm currently running two MP40's and two MP10's on my tank but these are very tempting.

Thanks, I didn't know that. If so and these can be controlled with the AI app, they should be controllable via Apex without add on's as well!

The Ai pump has the power chord connection on the dry side???

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the chord is in the tank to me.

Looks like the same thing as a wave puck pump but the Ai's magnet is way weaker (wave puck will fit on 3/4" or more glass) and the angle of the ai pump doesn't range as far as the wave puck, which sucks because the wave puck moves just enough to be nice, any less and I would not like it. The controller for the Ai pump looks great but is the whole reason it costs so much. The wavepuck plugs into an apex from what I understand and I don't need bluetooth. The Ai pump is a little bit closer to the glass, 5/8" I think. Not much smaller than a wave puck in my view. These style of pumps are awesome though and they provide a very wide flow that moves a lot of water for the size of the pump. The wave puck is a solid built pump and I would love to try one of these Ai pumps but can not afford to buy one which is sad. I wish they made them without the fancy bluetooth and had a simple controller like the wave puck, I would be all over it since it looks like wave pucks aren't really sold much anymore. The reef breeders article had a lot to do with their unsuccessful release and sales imo. And the reef breeders article about the Nero pump was saying it was an amazing pump, when I can't really find a difference between the two that is that mind changing unless you want to have some fancy bluetooth. Its sucks because I really love my wavepuck pumps. I am looking forward to see how long these things last and see if people have any issues with them. I am still trying to find a review on them from someone who is using them in their tank, have they been released yet?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mind having a power cord inside. I ordered my Nero 5 pump yesterday!

Back