New Nero Pump from AquaIllumination

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this can compete with the MP10, I was honestly thinking about buying one but I might hold off for this...

I have Radeon lights so not sure if I should stick with Ecotech tho.. hmm..

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if the price and gph are right might be a hard choice between this and another eflux. Since i am using both ai lights and the current loop system.

First to buy will need to write a review! Lol

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it me or does this look similar to the Waveline wavepuck??

Looks a lot like the gen one that was shown at trade shows before the eventual release of wavepuk 2.

FragileReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two concerns I might have:

It seems like it would be difficult to put a sponge on it to make it anenome safe. The sides seem good but the back of the pump is my concern.

Also I would hate to use this in a public place(store or fragswap) with how easy it is to pair. Many lights got messed with at the last RAP I hate to lose any settings I had saved.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very promising. Would like to see more data and field results

U

User1

View Badges
It is pretty but not something I need at the moment. I do like the spindle/propeller/blade pattern though. What I don't like at the moment that isn't unique to these guys is that everyone wants to add their own controller. I don't know what the hobbyist to controller ratio is but I for one want options without a controller but linkage options to mine. I know they all want their own piece of the pie but man let us all reduce the amount of plastic, controllers, etc.

We need the TV / Remote Control standards, IR or whatever it is deal integrated to our hobby!!!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it me or does this look similar to the Waveline wavepuck??

I was thinking the same.
The real only difference is the Waveline has a little more adjustment and the adjustment is on the back of the pump VS the magnet.
This looks a little more sleek.

Much smaller though .... I think?

Looks to be same diameter and .9 of a inch difference in width.

Last edited:

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I don't like at the moment that isn't unique to these guys is that everyone wants to add their own controller. I don't know what the hobbyist to controller ratio is but I for one want options without a controller but linkage options to mine. I know they all want their own piece of the pie but man let us all reduce the amount of plastic, controllers, etc.

We need the TV / Remote Control standards, IR or whatever it is deal integrated to our hobby!!!

But this has no controller except the small box attached to the wire. You use something you already have, your phone, so nothing extra. And it's integrated into myAI which is what controls all Hydra lights.

U

User1

View Badges
But this has no controller except the small box attached to the wire. You use something you already have, your phone, so nothing extra. And it's integrated into myAI which is what controls all Hydra lights.

So how does say a Apex or GHL control it?

I guess my complaint, again not unique to this product, is take a look around your tank and tell me how many of these little boxes or dongles or middleware layers do you have plus your controller if you use one. Like I noted in my post, it is pretty (not that it matters) and has a good blade pattern. Would be less obtrusive say compared to my maxspect XF250's (hence another complaint of yet another controller :) ).

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm building my current setup aroudn ecotech and AI and aside from the wxm module everything is controllable with out extra hardware. the AI lights use their own app and can now (as of last week) be controlled without any addons from apex as well

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my complaint, again not unique to this product, is take a look around your tank and tell me how many of these little boxes or dongles or middleware layers do you have plus your controller if you use one.

Completely agree ..... Apex, WXM, Reeflink, kessil spectral controller, even a couple of Jebao boxes. Gives me a headache.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back