New Not new guy

burning2nd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.. I thought id say hello.. i actually landed here because i was looking for info on flex pvc pipe,

Well i created a account and started poking around, looks like a pretty live group

Ive been reef keeping for 20 years, Ive mastered my tank(s)
ive strung along the bacteria of my very first tank for 20 years
I had a ocellaris clownfish and green bubble tip anemone since the beginning ( lost the clown fish by mistake last year) i still have the GTBA

long story short.. Ive assembled a BRAND new build.. (like everything brand new) for the first time ever ive gotten all the stuff i wanted.. started setting things up like i wanted and started fresh..

tank is a 125 (will be mixed) reef, sump is on the lower level of the house, which is a 45g
Idk i could go on for ever how i got here.. but its been a long road, to be able to move to 30 (first tank 20 years ago) from my parents house to our first rental to our house we bought and then on
30g to a 55g to a 75g the 75g made it to our house.. but we wanted to redo the floors so the tank got broken down back to the original 30g (looseing nemo was the trigger on the real build)

fragged everything off.. got rid of all the rock.. set it outside for 2 years.. started over.. (while being able to keep the same "original tank" life

So.. idk.. ill just show you..
JAkvj8al.jpg

tank is new.. and i crash started it.. because the rock was all NOT live... worked well..

the 30 after i broke it down from the 75
TiZPtall.jpg

its on the way out party
hCLEaSNl.jpg

OP
OP
burning2nd

burning2nd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to give stuff away because i felt so bad having to destroy a reef and start over..

there is this one and only bumblebee snail that i bought 20 years ago..

He was in the 30g a few months ago.. I hope he made it to the 125.. That would be the longest living creature i was able to keep if it is in there.. He was cool.. He would not show him self for months at a time then you would see him at night, the gtba is the longest creature i have At the moment.. going back to about 1999 ish it went from huge to super small.. IDk how i did it..

I dont test anymore..
I didnt do water changes for years at a time at one point,
i dont use the refractometer because ive been useing those buckets and that same measuring cup for so long

OP
OP
burning2nd

burning2nd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jabo 18000 return pump (which is on the ground behind the stool)

plan on plumbing the bulbheads thru the floor this week sometime..

BUT the whole question that ended me up here, is about the TekFlex 1.25 sch 40 pvc
its a tight fit on my fittings.. normally you can push pvc fittings together while trying test fit stuff..

Im afraid that if i just start cutting and getting ready to put it all together that im gonna end up wasteing the flex pvc..

it doesnt push on the elbows and unions like regular pvc tube Is there a trick

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back