New Owner - Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R! You’ll find the people here to be friendly, knowledgeable, and ready to help. We’re glad you joined! Hopefully you’ll start a build thread. We’d love to see your reef as it progresses.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Crypto Bitcoin GIF by Cyril Blondel

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. My name is Alex and we are brand new to reefing. We live in the SF Bay Area and bought end of August 2022 the following for one of my sons (11 years old):

- Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula
- Two MP10s
- Fishes: Two clowns, Tail Spot Blenny, Goby, Pygmy Angel, Purple Fire Fish,
- Invertebrates: Cleaner shrimp, Pistol Shrimp, Strawberry conch, turbos (Mexican, Zebra), Hermit Crabs, Trochus Snails
- Corals (not all ID available): Montipora, Ricordea, Paradise Bridsnest, Palythoa, Xenia, Pocillopora, Zoanthis (two), various others

In the past few months we had a few setbacks, e.g., caused Dinos due to wrongly done carbon dosing, but were able to manage this within a relatively short period of time (Live Phytho + Copepods). Also, still challenges with maintaining 'easy' hard corals but the soft ones are doing pretty well done (after 0/0 nitrate/phoasphate period was resolved).

Looking forward to connect with others through this forum.
IMG_5554.jpg
Welcome to reef 2 reef . Nice tank

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back