New pair of clownfish won’t stop fighting reflection of the glass

rockyref

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have previously had a couple of clowns in this tank (fluval flex 57lt), I changed them another system and introduced a new couple to this tank which was without fish. These as it says in the title do not stop fighting against their reflection, however I have tried thousands of solutions and none gives result, it should be noted that these eat and water parameters are stable. The clowns are stressed all day and literally even if the lights are turned off and there is a little light where I have the tank, they will continue to fight with themselves. An important fact is that the female of the old pair that was in this same tank is also all day like this trapping her reflection. I imagine that you will not need video because you can imagine the situation. From light I have a Mj maxspect (not the blue one) , with good water circulation for the clowns, hiding places and anemone that do not even notice it. I am desperate and I can't think of what else to do (I have already turned off the aquarium lights for two days, and they are back to the same thing). Currently I put objects near the aquarium so that they can see them from inside the tank and do not follow their reflection, this have been working for a couple of hours but the stress is the same and their breathing is agitated too (they do not have Ick). Please any suggestions will be helpful, I need help

OP
OP
R

rockyref

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have previously had a couple of clowns in this tank (fluval flex 57lt), I changed them another system and introduced a new couple to this tank which was without fish. These as it says in the title do not stop fighting against their reflection, however I have tried thousands of solutions and none gives result, it should be noted that these eat and water parameters are stable. The clowns are stressed all day and literally even if the lights are turned off and there is a little light where I have the tank, they will continue to fight with themselves. An important fact is that the female of the old pair that was in this same tank is also all day like this trapping her reflection. I imagine that you will not need video because you can imagine the situation. From light I have a Mj maxspect (not the blue one) , with good water circulation for the clowns, hiding places and anemone that do not even notice it. I am desperate and I can't think of what else to do (I have already turned off the aquarium lights for two days, and they are back to the same thing). Currently I put objects near the aquarium so that they can see them from inside the tank and do not follow their reflection, this have been working for a couple of hours but the stress is the same and their breathing is agitated too (they do not have Ick). Please any suggestions will be helpful, I need help. (In this video they are calm…)

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning up your ambient light will cut down on the one way mirror effect. I have had fish do this from time to time as my tanks lights are substantially brighter than ambient. Eventually they have all tired themselves out and stopped.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back