New Peninsula Tank

FishTankMafia

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Location
Rogers, AR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's goodie fellow reefers!

I've never posted on any internet forum before, so bare with me. Over the past couple months I've slowly been setting up a peninsula reef tank - and learning a lot along the way. I bought this thing used (and it's acrylic), so needless to say there was A LOT of stuff to fix. The last owner owned a radio station and had a maintenance company taking care of it, but somewhere along the way stopped having them come by, so the tank deteriorated to a sad place. It had deep scratches all over it, and nasty stuff growing in the overflow and on the rocks. I ended up wet sanding for a solid 15 hours, and then polishing the tank with novus 1,2, & 3 for something like 25 hours. More or less I put at least 40 hours into cleaning up this thing.

I knew nothing about plumbing. I knew nothing about building rock scapes. I knew nothing about RODI systems.

After 7 long weeks I can safely say I am now fluent in all of it.

This tank is going to have a predominant focus on SPS. The only fish I'm dying to keep are (1) Powder Blue Tang, and a school of (5) Lyretail Anthias. My tank is 72"x18"x30" (LxWxH).

Now for some pics..
 
IMG_5205.JPG
IMG_5206.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5273.JPG
IMG_5274.JPG
IMG_5278.JPG
IMG_5281.JPG
IMG_5288.JPG
IMG_5419.JPG
IMG_5481.JPG
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG
IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG
IMG_5486.JPG


IMG_5487.JPG


IMG_5488.JPG


IMG_5490.JPG


IMG_5491.JPG


IMG_5494.JPG


IMG_5496.JPG


IMG_5497.JPG


IMG_5498.JPG


IMG_5513.JPG


IMG_5514.JPG
 
Already having some regrets about not going T5s on this. I want an acro forest supplemented by montis, and I'm not convinced LEDs can handle it. :/
 
Grate build . thanks for sharing,
Good call on the SeaSwirl . I run 2 1'' units on my tank and love them.
It is never to late to change out your lites.
 
That's going to be a great looking tank. My newest tank is a peninsula also...I doubt I'll ever go back to a standard tank against the wall.
 
3 Radion pros on that tank should have absolutely NO problem growing SPS. You can always supplement with a T5 retro. You can see my Radion/T5 in my avatar
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new