New Pieces, Show me your Colonies !

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You usually trust the names if they come from a big vendor, just not all named corals are the same. You just have to search and see if you like the coral. If you cannot find the name, then don't pay much and just buy it if you love the looks. Of course, just don't buy because it has the name, unless you want to farm it and it is a valuable coral - even then, you have to get in early. Never trust a price from the originator's web site... like nobody should ever pay $249 for a Jello Shot frag directly from WWC when many others will have it for significantly less than that.

When you do this long enough, you will gravitate towards some vendors that have the same tastes as you do. I really love BattleCorals and Rocky Mountain Frags stuff - just suits my tastes. I am not into the tenuis craze lately, but there are vendors who are great at those too.

AcroBrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @PapaPat , you made some great choices on sticks. The only one of those I have is a WWC Jelloshot. I will attach some pictures below. It's a quick grower and I love the colors on it.

Attachments

• Jelloshot1.jpg
    Jelloshot1.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Jelloshot2.jpg
    Jelloshot2.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Jelloshot3.jpg
    Jelloshot3.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 58

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to research the summers eve coral but only got info on female hygiene… so I am guessing that’s one you should not pay a lot for whatever it is. For some reason it makes me even more curious as to what coral they chose to name summers eve though :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back