New plate coral

loganzielke

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2021
Messages
135
Reaction score
61
Location
alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I just bought my first plate coral for $50 and I’m just looking for some tips to keeping them healthy!

thanks, Logan

EF3F42F0-FD5B-453F-90A0-097B250189D4.png
 
Good lighting (medium PAR), random flow (low to medium) and they like rock ledges.
Thanks! I was thinking of putting it where the captain jerk palys are.
 

Attachments

  • 63053A25-9887-4BB6-8C4D-130E03D39421.jpeg
    63053A25-9887-4BB6-8C4D-130E03D39421.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 50
You can even place it near the sand bed on a flat rock - I just find mind likes it better when itks not directly in the sand.
Thanks! I’ll find a flat rock :)
 
Received the plate coral a few hours ago and it looks great :) got a little flat rock it can sit on
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 82

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new