New polyp or hitchhiker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TedsReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TedsReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
192
Reaction score
100
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I noticed two of these on a blastos I recently put in my tank. Not sure if it’s a new polyp formation or a hitchhiker. Thanks.

60FF1A6E-CAF1-4726-B945-AA4D671AFA33.jpeg
 
I don't know the name of that particular sponge to be honest. I'd start with pineapple sponge or Tethya sp. Family Tethyidae and see where that goes. It's not an invasive sponge though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new