New Product Ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everybody! When we started off selling phytoplankton, it was actually the awesome reefers on this site who kept asking us to grow copepods. We did - and that's what took us to the "next level." In the coming months, we plan to start selling stand-alone bottles of rotifers, followed by amphipods after that. What else would y'all like to see us offer?

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the great suggestions! Keep them coming!

BrittneyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Third and final recommendation- in todays world we are spoiled by Amazons Prime 2 day free shipping. Maybe offer if people subscribe to having you mail them monthly shipments they could get free or reduced shipping. I am 100% more likely to buy online if shipping is free!

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd like to see a new phyto packaging that allows you to measure out a 5ml or 10ml dose easily.

Hey there! That's a great idea and we're actually on the same page... We ship every phyto order with a 5mL syringe to help with dosing.

Third and final recommendation- in todays world we are spoiled by Amazons Prime 2 day free shipping. Maybe offer if people subscribe to having you mail them monthly shipments they could get free or reduced shipping. I am 100% more likely to buy online if shipping is free!

That's a great idea! Right now we do give a 20 percent discount on recurring other, but perhaps this is something we could work on in the future!

Less a product idea, more supply chain related: ship in something that isn't styrofoam, but with equal insulation capacity. Those grocery subscriptions ship in recyclable insulation.

A huge part of our mission is to take pressure off the reefs, and I love the idea of becoming more sustainable. I personally trust styro coolers the most when it comes to shipping live animals (pods, etc.). BUT you are so right ... I think we need to do it sustainably. Keep your eyes open for an announcement on this in the near future!

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry #6c from the contest: would love to see you separate out the phytoplankton blend and explain the different types of phytoplankton that you use. Maybe even a build your own bottle of phyto blend for people to choose what they want in it so it's really customized.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A huge part of our mission is to take pressure off the reefs, and I love the idea of becoming more sustainable. I personally trust styro coolers the most when it comes to shipping live animals (pods, etc.). BUT you are so right ... I think we need to do it sustainably. Keep your eyes open for an announcement on this in the near future!
Styro seems to be the industry standard, it both insulates wella nd offers shock absorption. My folks even built their house out of it mixed with concrete. I don't have a comparable option in mind, and I work in humanities so have to trust the other scientists. But there likely might be something out there.

Back