New Product Ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You already raise pods and sell them, next you should get some wrasses and sell them? For when we buy your pods and now we're overrun! (Definitely a good problem to have)

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In Arizona we have a product available called Reef Chowda (previously Reef Stew). It's an amazing blend of live phyto, rotifers, pods, and brine shrimp. It would probably be hard to get a live mix and ship it since everything in the bag feeds on something else in the bag, but it'd be great to be able to mail order something similar.

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything suits me, the idea with the dosage is good

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In Arizona we have a product available called Reef Chowda (previously Reef Stew). It's an amazing blend of live phyto, rotifers, pods, and brine shrimp. It would probably be hard to get a live mix and ship it since everything in the bag feeds on something else in the bag, but it'd be great to be able to mail order something similar.

I LOVE the idea! My only concern is that mixing phyto and pods can make phyto dosing challenging, and also that the phyto makes it nearly impossible for people to verify the presence of the pods. It's a great idea though, and something that's been in the back of my mind for a bit!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry : here’s a thought , maybe have copepod/rotifer breeding kits. Also, have you thought about branching out and doing mysis ?

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you mention Reef Chowda, up until last week it was out of stock everywhere. I feel like everyone gets there's from the same dude lol

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Funny you mention Reef Chowda, up until last week it was out of stock everywhere. I feel like everyone gets there's from the same dude lol
They do. @SawCJack00 's son-in-law makes it. He's the only farmer and wholesales to the local shops. He doesn't ship or sell to individuals but it's amazing stuff. I was happy that new shop at 19th and Union Hills is selling it. A lot closer than Ocean Floor for me!

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do. @SawCJack00 's son-in-law makes it. He's the only farmer and wholesales to the local shops. He doesn't ship or sell to individuals but it's amazing stuff. I was happy that new shop at 19th and Union Hills is selling it. A lot closer than Ocean Floor for me!
Oh that's wild, good to know! I add anywhere from 1 or 2 cups of it to my tank a week and any time I ask which pods are in it, all I'm told is "copepods and tiggers" which seems kind of.. vague? Other than tiggers, any idea what types of pods are in the chowda?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh that's wild, good to know! I add anywhere from 1 or 2 cups of it to my tank a week and any time I ask which pods are in it, all I'm told is "copepods and tiggers" which seems kind of.. vague? Other than tiggers, any idea what types of pods are in the chowda?
I know it has rotifers, a blend of phyto, brine shrimp, and I forget the copepods he uses. I think Aquaholics may have the types of pods listed, but I can't recall?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One option is to read the book "Zooplankton of the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts: A Guide to their Identification and Ecology" (2nd edition) by Johnson and Allen to identify other species that you can propagate in your facility.

Dog Chemistry GIF

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One option is to read the book "Zooplankton of the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts: A Guide to their Identification and Ecology" (2nd edition) by Johnson and Allen to identify other species that you can propagate in your facility.

Dog Chemistry GIF
So you're saying they need to sell the book???

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...I was hooked by the time I got to the section called "Less Common Ciliated Invertebrate Larvae"!

Los Angeles Love GIF by GLAmosquito

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back