New Prostar Rimless 150 Return leaking

Mattnificent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is a new build using Prostar Rimless 150. On one of the two returns from aquarium above to sump below, it is leaking. I’m hopeful it’s just o-ring? But I cannot figure out how to unscrew this piece? It came pre-assembled from factory with these 3 shorter pipes screwed in and I just screwed in plumbing below. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks.

Edit: I’m not sure why videos aren’t uploading. Added picture. IMG_2427.jpeg IMG_2432.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2430.mov
    18.3 MB
OP
OP
M

Mattnificent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is a new build using Prostar Rimless 150. On one of the two returns from aquarium above to sump below, it is leaking. I’m hopeful it’s just o-ring? But I cannot figure out how to unscrew this piece? It came pre-assembled from factory with these 3 shorter pipes screwed in and I just screwed in plumbing below. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Edit: I’m not sure why videos aren’t uploading. Added picture. IMG_2427.jpeg IMG_2432.jpeg
Assure seal is not cracked. Over tightening will pinch the seal and cause this also. Lower tank water level until it stops flowing over then take apart and inspect

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back