New purple gorgonian

  • Thread starter Thread starter dexfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I got a new purple gorgonian over the weekend, and I don’t know what type it is, hoping someone can identify it. I don’t know if the polyps should be out farther, or not, or if this is healthy.But he looks happy.

image.jpg
Good water flow is important for gorgonians.

Unfortunately, I can't determine what that is.

Best regards, Elisabeth
 
I feed frozen food every day and Red Sea reef energy plus once a week.
 
That is Plexaura flexuosa as others said. We have them everywhere on the reef here in South Florida. I have one in my tank that is 18” tall that I collected off the reef. Photosynthetic and hardy. I have had mine for about 10 years. Good luck.
 
You don’t need to feed that gorg anything. It’s photosynthetic
 
I think I will just keep feeding it normally but if it looks like it’s not doing well then I will figure something out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new