New Purple magnifica nem

I hear what your saying but think about this.......

I’ve kept BTA’s at 100-300 par

No real rule, BTA’s are very flexible.

So double could be 200-600 par.

FWIW, my current BTA gets 220-240 par.

The location I will be putting my mag will be a bit higher at 300-330 par.

I’ve been watching this thread since it started and the OP has done great!

Thank you! That is a great explanation. I have some sps doing well in 150-175 par and some zoas that are in 250 and growing like crazy. I had every intention of getting the mag into higher par, but I wanted to take my time and watch how it responded.
 
Thanks for the replies!
Relatively new tank and I am currently keeping my Mag at about 370 PAR and Rainbows at 215 PAR.

IMG_4137.JPG
IMG_4139.JPG
IMG_4135.JPG
IMG_4140.JPG
 
Thanks for the replies!
Relatively new tank and I am currently keeping my Mag at about 370 PAR and Rainbows at 215 PAR.

IMG_4137.JPG
IMG_4139.JPG
IMG_4135.JPG
IMG_4140.JPG

VERY NICE!
 
0FFFC960-E4FF-4418-A88B-A002174DADFD.jpeg
Just thought I would post an update on my mag. It has been with me since the Sunday before Thanksgiving so a little over a month. It looks great. I think I have the type that doesn’t not have long tentacles. I read that there may be two sub species, one with shorter and one with longer tapered tentacles. I wonder if they will get longer as time goes on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new