New purple rocks from Marcorock

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have recent pics of new purple colored rock from this company, Any Good???

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have any experience with Marco Rocks, but the Caribsea Liferock with the purple coating is like a food grade dye with bacterial spores in it. The purple color fades very quickly as the rocks age... but, it lasts long enough for natural coraline algae to start taking over and the rocks will have a more natural look from the start.

When you dry them out and go to reuse them later down the road, they will be white/grey...

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have any experience with Marco Rocks, but the Caribsea Liferock with the purple coating is like a food grade dye with bacterial spores in it. The purple color fades very quickly as the rocks age... but, it lasts long enough for natural coraline algae to start taking over and the rocks will have a more natural look from the start.

When you dry them out and go to reuse them later down the road, they will be white/grey...
Yes thanks I am very familiar with this rock, I am still wanting to see Macrorocks purple color. thanks for the info.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back