New R2R member [emoji1316]

Reefer_mon_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, nice to finally meet. New to R2R, but not the reef hobby. Some of you guys mite have seen me around other forums, because I Have had many freshwater tanks over the years as well as fish only salt tanks and full blown reefs.
As many of us do Iv bounce in and outa the hobby over the years, but now that we have finally moved into our new home. The wifey has agreed to yet another ("Small") system. So I showed up with a 100gal Cad lights artesian with 30 gal sump. [emoji1319][emoji13][emoji1303] the wifey was hesitant at first, (as most of our significant others are) told her it was a smoking deal from a fellow reefer who was in the process of upgrading to a 450g. & plus we have a small Nuvo16 with a couple clowns In the kitchen so I said we had a small tank. (Which is now going to become the hospital/Quarantine tank). So that a little background on me [emoji1305][emoji41]

OP
OP
Reefer_mon_

Reefer_mon_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's great to have you and welcome to the party! I can't wait to see that cadlight's system!
I'll post some pics Iv got now, first one is when I was filling it with fresh RODI water to start mixing salt, the little video clip is from an algae scrubber I just install and then after work I'll post the in progress cycling empty tank. [emoji39]
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer_mon_

Reefer_mon_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, fantastic start. :)
Lol this tank only look good because it's not my first rodeo. I can pull out some pics that are from a long time ago of my first reef tank that I started in a 75gal tall [emoji20] was a terrible. I was one of those reefer who used to think everything DIY was better. lol [emoji23][emoji24][emoji23] To many bad experiences with home made crap, from PVC over flows that started and stopped when they pleased and home made sumps with crappy baffles just the works. Just learned you can't be cheap in the hobby lol.

ZJedi945

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post some pics Iv got now, first one is when I was filling it with fresh RODI water to start mixing salt, the little video clip is from an algae scrubber I just install and then after work I'll post the in progress cycling empty tank. [emoji39]
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG

What a cool setup! Black sand too!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back