New Radion 30Pro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brad Shook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my new Radion Pro. I was so excited to open it up and get it on the tank. You can imagine my disappoint to learn that out didn't come with a mounting system. I mean really guys? I pay $650 for a new light and you can't include a way to mount it to the rim of my tank. Even the cheap chinese LEDs come with cables to hang them and there less than $100.

I'm extremely disappointed that I have a new light I can't even use. And now I have to buy an additional mount to use it.

I'm a very unsatisfied customer.

Capital J

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You paid $650 for a new (G4?) Radion Pro? They retail for $800. If so, good for you, things aren't all bad... ;)

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to stir the pot but if you spent that much money on any light fixture you should have done your research.

OP
OP
Brad Shook

Brad Shook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who Are you to say I didn't? And you are meaning to stir the pot or you would have kept your mouth shut. I've been researching the major 3 for several months. Ecotech does not do a good job specifying that mounting hardware is sold separately. Every light I've ever bought had at minimum cables to hang with. I don't think it too much to expect to have a cable to hang the light with when you spend this much money.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech.PNG
Its all about the details.

You should have known better. Call the whambulance........

Last edited:

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most premium lights do not come with mounting brackets, the only one that comes to mind that does really is Maxspects new ethereal I believe does and I've yet to come across a fixture that doesn't indicate whether or not the mounting bracket is included. Having said that I will agree that for the money they charge nowadays for a "Premium" fixture they should include the bracket, not only that but it's also ridiculous in 2017 that some fixtures can't be controlled straight out of the box wirelessly with an app on a phone or tablet!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back