New random flow generator

  • Thread starter Thread starter ckirby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ckirby

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
51
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall. I just installed the 1/2” random flow generator on my 15gal cube. Im running my mighty jet return pump at about 234gph and im worried about dead spots. What do we think of the positioning and how can I improve the flow around all the rock?


20260818_094418_F356E5FA-7981-46BE-BA9B-222A476E8996.png


20260818_094419_FF9557C0-D785-4304-ADC6-37F67C49AB6B.png


20260818_094419_C36FA24E-E6A3-41D8-968C-99083FD50E4A.png
 
Hey yall. I just installed the 1/2” random flow generator on my 15gal cube. Im running my mighty jet return pump at about 234gph and im worried about dead spots. What do we think of the positioning and how can I improve the flow around all the rock?


20260818_094418_F356E5FA-7981-46BE-BA9B-222A476E8996.png


20260818_094419_FF9557C0-D785-4304-ADC6-37F67C49AB6B.png


20260818_094419_C36FA24E-E6A3-41D8-968C-99083FD50E4A.png
I have been reef keeping for 3 years (quite unsuccessfully) and flow is still one of the most difficult things for me to understand personally.
 
IMO a return pump can only offer so much, sometimes you need a powerhead for that extra flow. I just got myself a hyyger LITE dc wavemaker for $45 for my 15 gallon, have a look at something like that its really small so doesn't stand out too much in small tanks. Jebao also makes some of those smaller wavemakers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new