New readings for my tank! Help Please

jordan3548

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
660
Reaction score
28
Location
Plant City, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been asking for help the last couple of days with my PH and now that I got my New probe back from PinPoint my calcium is LOW

PH 8.70
Alk 10
Calcium 239.9 verified 3 times
Mag 1200

What I need to know is how these things interact with each other like if I get my PH lowered will it raise my Calcium? SHould I add Calcium to my system? Do I need a calcium reactor or some sort of other equipment to stabalize things in my tank? I am worried because I think the High PH mixed with the Low Calcium is affecting my Zoas as well as other stuff. I have some extremely hard to find Zoas and I really dont wanna lose them any help is greatly and I mean greatly appreciated
 
increase your calcium over a few days till you have it where you want it. monitor your alk, b/c it will drop as your Ca increases...then see where your pH is once everything is in balance. bump your Mg up some as well as this will help your Ca levels.
 
+1 to what Gilmour said. I would think that your zoas could be stressing from the higher ph. The low calcium should not bother them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new