New Red Sea Reefer “Tank Kits”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe Tyler Reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone. I put an order in for a Red Sea Reefer 350 deluxe through marinedepot.com on 2/8/2019. I was constantly checking the order status and kept seeing that there was no positive updates being made, so I decided to contact marinedepot today 2/19/2019 to see what was up with my order.

Once the rep finally got back on the line after talking to Red Sea, he told me that my order is not going to move forward and that it will have to be cancelled due to the new “Tank Kits” coming out from Red Sea. He said it was mainly due to the new ReefLed 90W lights that Red Sea had developed, which will take place of the AI Hydra 26s. He said that they just pulled all the Red Sea deluxe models from their website. I checked this and noticed that all deluxe models say “notify me when in stock.”

I am wondering if anyone on here knows when these new line of tanks will be available for purchase. I did ask the marinedepot rep and he said that he is not sure when the new model will be available. It seems really weird that Red Sea wouldn’t announce something like this and would just stop shipping out their said to be old model.

Last edited:

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS told me to hold off on a Deluxe last month because of big changes coming to the Red Sea line. They hinted that we'd hear something from Red Sea in the Q2 time frame, but I think that's mostly a guess on their part. Red Sea has actually been showing off their new gear for months now at various exhibitions - in addition to the new light, they've got a gyre pump(s) and a dosing system in the works too, and they'll all be controlled via a mobile app.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just get the non deluxe model and get whatever lights you wish. Save the wait and being the guinea pig for a new light setup. Not that Red Sea makes any bad products and I'm sure they are stepping into the lighting market on the right foot.

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was mostly waiting on seeing what the new packages were, because if you could get Deluxe build that came with lights, gyre & dosing pumps plus a skimmer for less than individual MSRP, that's an attractive option.

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just want the dosing unit to come out but someone else posted that it wouldnt be out until november . im hoping it comes out in march !

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new red sea max 400s system. Got it December 2108. It came with the new red sea skimmer and AI LED lights as well as pumps. Can’t be happier with this package deal. All I need is the dosing pump and will wait till it comes out from Red Sea. Can’t wait to see what it does. Have viewed the sales video.

I believe the Red Sea skimmer just came out in Feb as a stand alone product. Hopefully the dosing system isn’t far behind

CaptiveBredFred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new red sea max 400s system. Got it December 2108. It came with the new red sea skimmer and AI LED lights as well as pumps. Can’t be happier with this package deal. All I need is the dosing pump and will wait till it comes out from Red Sea. Can’t wait to see what it does. Have viewed the sales video.

I believe the Red Sea skimmer just came out in Feb as a stand alone product. Hopefully the dosing system isn’t far behind

Just curious, since the new Red Sea skimmers no longer require a feed like the old C-Skims, did they still provide you with the dual manifold that would have fed the skimmer, or was that just removed from the plumbing?

CaptiveBredFred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Red Sea owners Facebook group, a Red Sea representative has said they will "shortly" be introducing the Max E, S, Nano, Reefer Deluxe- all with new ReefLED. He says to expect an announcement in early April now, rather than March.

Seems the AI Hydra-based systems are back on sale online for now, so I imagine if that is what you prefer, now is the time to pull the trigger. There is no sign the expected mobile app to control RedSea devices in the iOS or Android store yet.

Last edited:

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this. It this there new one or the one they had before that kinda sucked?
IMG_3224.JPG

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decisions, decisions....
Yes I know been going back and forth between reefer 250 or Max E-260. It is hard decision as this will be the smallest tank in 40+ years. Currently have a 280 gallon display system that I am selling. Been going back and forth then found out the deluxe or Max are not shipping. Since I have not sold my current one I am going to wait. Made decision to get the Max E-260 as that leaves a lot of room in cabinet and with a bad back I hate doing maintenance in the cabinet.. My desire is go smaller but a 170 was just to small. 3 foot long can go almost anywhere one feels like it. Red Sea customer service is good so I gave no problem getting an aio from them. With their lights, gyre pump and dosing pump leaves you having to only deal with a single company.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wouldn’t want to be the first to use their light. Their integrated lighting has been “meh”. Will be interesting to see what they can offer in the ~$350 price point.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wouldn’t want to be the first to use their light. Their integrated lighting has been “meh”. Will be interesting to see what they can offer in the ~$350 price point.
I understand the thought of being one of the first but they have been getting tested by reefers. The Hydra 26 HD are in this price range. This is not like their lighting in the hoods and they did have a good T5 fixture for open top at one time. If they are not strong enough you can add more lights or swap out. Not like swapping out $1000 units because you did not like them or just want the newest version. Which I know there are lots of people that change out for the newest version.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the thought of being one of the first but they have been getting tested by reefers. The Hydra 26 HD are in this price range. This is not like their lighting in the hoods and they did have a good T5 fixture for open top at one time. If they are not strong enough you can add more lights or swap out. Not like swapping out $1000 units because you did not like them or just want the newest version. Which I know there are lots of people that change out for the newest version.

Where have they been getting tested by reefers? I haven’t seen that.

Back