New Reef Build List Opinions

Ian.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a couple weeks of research, I think I've come up with a build list for my next reef setup. My last reef tank was about 15 years ago and a lot has changed so some research was necessary. Let me know what you guys and gals think of my potential build. If there's anything you'd add/remove, etc. please let me know.

Tank/Stand: Coralife Biocube 32 LED Ultimate Reef Bundle

Filtration: inTank Media Basket for Coralife LED Biocube 32

Filter Floss

Heater: Cobalt Aquatics 150w

Rock: ARC Reef Stacker Dry Rock 25lbs

Sand: CaribSea Arag-Alive Reef Sand 20lbs

RO/DI: Aquaticlife 4-Stage RO/DI 100GPD

I'm thinking this should be just about everything I need to get up and running, if I'm missing things please feel free to chime in. Unfortunately where I live, the closest "L"FS is about 1 1/2 hours away so most everything I buy is going to be online. I spent about a week debating on upgrading the lighting but since everything I've read has been split 50/50, I figured I would stick with the stock lights for now and upgrade later down the road if it seems necessary. Steve's LED's or possibly go topless and run something different. Everything listed comes in around $1400, does that seem about right? I'd like to keep my options open as far as what I can keep in the tank. I appreciate any advice you all have to offer!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What return pump or wave makers will you be using on this build?!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back