New Reef Classified Buy/Sell/Trade System

Would you use an all in one market for aquarium products? Like an Amazon for the reef hobby!

• Yes

Votes: 775 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 350 26.9%

• Total voters

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could unload my sharks with freakin laser beams for one Million dollars.

IMG_5477.JPG

BCubeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea.
I am a beginner. I am most interested in getting nice corals. For online purchase biggest speed bump for me is the shipping cost. As most of the beginner corals are cheaper than the shipping cost itself it does not makes sense in some cases. I would love have a choice where couple of people in similar geographical are a can get things shipped at lower price or some better solution. Thanks.

Playa-1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that I would use a service like that exclusively, But I may use it. It would mostly depend on ease of use, pricing, shipping cost, payment options. As it is now, I don't order all that much stuff online. When I do, it's usually around something like a commodity like salt or specific brand of equipment that only one or two Vendors carry. I'm going to order a specific salt and one site has the best deal on it, so I will consider other items that I may want or need to throw onto that order. I always find it interesting that I can order Salt online and ship it half way across the country and have it dropped off at my front door, cheaper then driving to LFS to pick it up. I actually think having a private label of good salt would be an excellent leader for a service like this. With that said, anything that I may add to that order has to be priced right. I've only used Amazon once or twice and there are three Issues with Amazon. The biggest issue for me is their inability to use Paypal. Paypal is very convenient and their inability to process it is a big deal breaker for me. Another Reason that I don't use Amazon often is that it is unclear who you're actually doing business with in many cases. Some of the post look sketchy. I think Amazon is a stand up company, but i don't trust some of the people/Vendors selling on their platform (maybe a better method of vetting sellers). I don't know enough about either of them to be sending off Credit Card info into Cyberspace. On top of that, their prices are competitive but often can be beat. Much of the equipment that I buy is map pricing so if I want a powerhead then It's likely going to be added to that Commodity salt order. One thing I do like about Amazon is that when you search for something, that Is the result you get. You don't find yourself trying to weed thru 200 post of people trying to sell other items. I have better things to do with my time then search for needles in haystacks. :)

Dennco2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS and Amazon 99% of the time. I favor BRS because of the effort they put into their videos. If your on the fence about a product I am pretty sure if you email them they will do a video if they haven't done one yet.

Thanks again Ryan and Team BRS.
Not to forget about --- R2R ---- you do an awesome job and provide gigabytes of marine information at your finger tips at no charge.

With that being said I doubt I could commit 100% to one supplier but I could commit to three.

Dennis

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BRS and Amazon 99% of the time. I favor BRS because of the effort they put into their videos. If your on the fence about a product I am pretty sure if you email them they will do a video if they haven't done one yet.

Thanks again Ryan and Team BRS.
Not to forget about --- R2R ---- you do an awesome job and provide gigabytes of marine information at your finger tips at no charge.

With that being said I doubt I could commit 100% to one supplier but I could commit to three.

Dennis

We would NOT nor never try to take the place of BRS or any other dry good or live good company.

Doubbler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Payments via Paypal would give the sellers some security and a percentage of the sale to Reef2Reef would be an easy way to try and cover your cost.

And eBay has a way to calculate shipping based on where it's going so an auction or "buy it now" price plus "shipping" should be easy to accommodate.
People lie, then cancel payment on pay pal. Then I have no money and lost my corals

RudyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me security comes first and then scammers. There needs to be a way to make sure that the product is first what was advertise and then that it is working. There should be a way to hold the money until the full transaction is complete. The same way that a person that gets it does not then say they didn't to protect the seller and buyer.
I like the idea to sort by category and as well by location. That way you can find local pickup places to cut down on shipping costs. Still having money exchange hands online beforehand that way there is no no ill will or theft would take place.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised you already don't have a Swag store or marketplace with related shirts jackets and related items R2R towls, stickers ect . here's one, photo filters for cell phones and frag racks the pros use, been looking for this stuff and can't find the good stuff. well maybe thats two

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about auctions? I’d like to auction some livestock but eBay is just too full of large vendors and competition plus they actually get even further discounts for selling in bulk, having an eBay store. A hobbyist auction would be cool.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about auctions? I’d like to auction some livestock but eBay is just too full of large vendors and competition plus they actually get even further discounts for selling in bulk, having an eBay store. A hobbyist auction would be cool.
These could be coming sooner than you think... ;Muted

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back