New Reef Setup

Agape1love4ever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my new 130 gal. reef tank. Started running it about a month ago and have been tweaking it ever since. I have 6 fish presently in the tank(been gradually moving them here from another system) with another two fish to transfer.

Setup includes:
Eshopp AF 300 Sump
Sicce Synchra 9.0 2500 gph return pump.
Finnex 800 watt titanium heater.
Red Sea Reefer Skimmer.
Eshopp Slim Exterior Overflows
Red Sea Gyer type wave maker
6- 80 watt ATI T5’s in a home made hanging canopy(3 Blue Plus,2 True Actinic, and 1 Purple Plus)

Fish include:
Yellow Tang
Regal Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Blue Electric Damsel
Gold Nugget Maroon Clown
Vlamingi Tang
Majestic Angel
Asfur Angel

IMG_1313.jpeg IMG_1312.jpeg IMG_1311.jpeg IMG_1310.jpeg IMG_1309.jpeg IMG_1304.jpeg IMG_1303.jpeg IMG_1314.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a very good start indeed! :) The scape is a bit too "minimalistic" for my taste though, looks somewhat empty! Are you planning on adding more rocks? :)

Anyhow, that takes nothing away from your efforts, only personal preference! Well done and thanks for sharing this with us!

Happy reefing! :star-struck:

OP
OP
Agape1love4ever

Agape1love4ever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a very good start indeed! :) The scape is a bit too "minimalistic" for my taste though, looks somewhat empty! Are you planning on adding more rocks? :)

Anyhow, that takes nothing away from your efforts, only personal preference! Well done and thanks for sharing this with us!

Happy reefing! :star-struck:
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. Yes, I actually agree with you. The scape is a bit empty and I have been meaning to put more rock work in the middle of the tank to fill in the gap but just haven’t got to it yet. Still in process.

OP
OP
Agape1love4ever

Agape1love4ever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it took me a little while, but I finally decided to add some new rock work to the tank. Bought some Caribsea Shelf Rock and made a rock wall with some ledges out of it. Just put it in today. It feels in the middle space that was empty. What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpeg
    IMG_1395.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1394.jpeg
    IMG_1394.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1393.jpeg
    IMG_1393.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Agape1love4ever

Agape1love4ever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. I just wanted to give an update on my build thread. I decided to remove two of the T fives in the center of my canopy and replace them with some rails and LED black boxes. Also, I added one Kessel in the center. Looks great. Blending the LEDs with T fives brings a great blue hue with a bit of white mixed in so the color of the fish are not completely washed out.
IMG_1548.jpeg
IMG_1549.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back