New Reef tank

xOqTah

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
17
Location
Argentina
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, im new. I already have a reef tank, but it didn't go very well, many species died, such as corals and fish. I think this was due to overpopulation ( i add like 7 species including tangs) in 100lts. Now, I want to make a shallow reef without sump and skimmer. Can you give me your best tips? So far I plan to do 10% water changes every 2 weeks and a good flow. Im planning to add: two clownfish, 1 mandarin, soft corals, lps and invertebrates only. 100x45x35 will be the new tank. Help me with your best advices and warnings for my corals grow like beast :)
 
How is this different from your last post? What responses are you looking for?
IMG_9018.jpeg
 
Make sure your tank is cycled properly
Add stock slowly and I mean slowly
Good lighting for your corals
Stable water parameters
Regular water changes
Test your parameters
Find a salt that suits your reef requirements
Get something for testing salinity
QT you’re fish
Set up a QT tanks for new fish
Don’t over stock fish or corals
And finally patience and this is the main one you will learn over time
 
Last edited:
How is this different from your last post? What responses are you looking for?
IMG_9018.jpeg
I register in the web, then i post my first thread and when i saw it didnt appear, so i reposted. Sorry!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new