New Reefer 170 Frag build

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my new Reefer 170 and going to keep updating as time goes by.
This is an upgrade from a 15 gal all in one tank, only using this tank to quarantine my new frags but also going to stock with some fishes, currently have these in mind for stocking: Tail spot blenny, McCosker's flasher wrasse, rainford goby and a basslet or a dottyback (any recommendations on either would be appreciated)
Mainly planning to stock with LPS (euphyllia, acans and goni’s) and some SPS acros and also some birds nest’s.
Equipment so far is: Reefer 170 with white stand, 2 Hydras 32HD, Apex Neptune controller with probes, single mp10 ecotech, Classic 110SSS 5" Internal Space Saving Protein Skimmer - RO, Syncra SDC 3.0 as main return pump, Eheim Trutemp 200w, Prime fuge AI, 8W Adv 2000 uv by Aqua and also got a mini BRS reactor with pump set (thoughts on what to run on reactor?)
Making some mods in sump and turning the 1.5 Gal ATO system into a mini fuge to culture my own pods with a In and out overflow which will be fed by a sicce syncra silent pump right after filter sock and drain will go directly to return pump.
Before I start putting anything together and get the tank wet is there anything I’m missing? I want to make sure I set this up properly from the beginning and not have to take it apart given the limited space.
I will start posting pictures of the project once it’s all set and properly laid out.

Thanks for any recommendations or tips!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have it covered.
I would not worry about the reactor yet. You can always run carbon if you want to run something in it.

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have it covered.
I would not worry about the reactor yet. You can always run carbon if you want to run something in it.
Thank you, I was thinking maybe BRS Rox .8? Cheap and seems effective.
Also do you have any recommendations on the basslet or dotyback? I’ve only had a royal gramma so I want someone who’s going to be a model citizen.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I was thinking maybe BRS Rox .8? Cheap and seems effective.
Also do you have any recommendations on the basslet or dotyback? I’ve only had a royal gramma so I want someone who’s going to be a model citizen.
That carbon is what I run.
As for the fish, I have not had either. I did have a bunch of Royals at one time.

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That carbon is what I run.
As for the fish, I have not had either. I did have a bunch of Royals at one time.
Love them but they do get very territorial over their sleeping cave. Mine in my bigger system tries to fight off a Yellow tang and Flame angelfish

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s delivery day which means it’s Christmas all over again, now that I have my equipment I’ll get to work. I’ve been putting it off since I was missing all of this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 42

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back