New Reefer 350 Build & Custom Plumbing!

trace100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys!

Just bought and assembled a new RedSea Reefer 350, with a V3 sump! I have a lot of plans for the tank, and put together an initial video documenting my progress:

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.42.36 AM.png

I am planning to custom plumb the Clarisea 5000 and will document that in a new video as well, for anyone who is interested.

This is the biggest tank I have ever had, so definitely looking to do it right, and take it slow.

OP
OP
T

trace100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Update: My order from KP Aquatics arrived yesterday, the rock is amazing... so many creatures survived the cross-country shipment!

The shipment arrived before I had time to fill the tank, so it was a mad dash to get everything filled, heated, and ready to add the rock. I hired a LFS to help, as I was a bit underwater (pun intended).

Luckily, no major leaks to my custom plumbing and everything went smooth. The rock is currently in the tank, minimal ammonia from die-off, but plan to do a water change later today just in case.

I'll post photos and a video soon, just need to upload to my computer later tonight!

OP
OP
T

trace100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Here are some pics from the KP Aquatics Live Rock, truly amazing rock! Will be posting a video about it soon... Filter roller is working too, so pumped!

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 10.33.19 PM.png

OP
OP
T

trace100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so here's the video - full unboxing of KP Aquatics Live Rock, for those interested:

Found two Mantis Shrimp, was able to catch one... still on the hunt for the other. Really impressed with the colors of the rock, and there was very minimal smell/ die off, we were able to add the first two clowns only 4 days later!

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so here's the video - full unboxing of KP Aquatics Live Rock, for those interested:

Found two Mantis Shrimp, was able to catch one... still on the hunt for the other. Really impressed with the colors of the rock, and there was very minimal smell/ die off, we were able to add the first two clowns only 4 days later!

Please check your conversations :p

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been super curious about running a filter roller on these tanks. Seen a couple of people do it but it require modification to fit them in the sump. I was watching your video and was wondering, can you close the cabinet doors with the filter roller positioned like you do?

Back