New Reefer and community member

hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
Welcome!
BC5C72B5-E397-4532-BE5D-88800EAB4EA1.gif
 
First off good morning from California!!! After reading so many of the amazing posts and helpful information in them, I jumped in and joined the community. I’ve wanted to join this hobby for sometime but was always afraid of the maintenance involved. After doing a lot of research and information gathering (thank you Reef2Reef) I pulled the trigger.

I’m currently 4 months in and the tank is doing great! I have the Fluval Evo 13.5 with a few mods. Here is my reef tank setup.
Fluval Evo 13.5
Light: stock
Pump: Sicce Syncra 1.0 (251gph)
Filtration:
Chamber 1: InTank Media basket with filter floss, Chemi-Pure Blue, and Seachem Purigen
Chamber 2: Stock filtration
Chamber 3: Heater and Pump
Display: Approximately 12lbs of Life Rock and Live Sand
Live Stock: (2) Percula Clownfish, (1) Diamond Goby, (2) Turbo Snails, (2) Nasarius Snails, (2) Hermit Crabs.

Now I’m just prepping to add corals and really get my little reef going. I look forward to picking your brains and lending any assistance I can.

ShockTank

9F6BDCA6-CD25-4576-8FB3-44CBCF86A980.jpeg
First off good morning from California!!! After reading so many of the amazing posts and helpful information in them, I jumped in and joined the community. I’ve wanted to join this hobby for sometime but was always afraid of the maintenance involved. After doing a lot of research and information gathering (thank you Reef2Reef) I pulled the trigger.

I’m currently 4 months in and the tank is doing great! I have the Fluval Evo 13.5 with a few mods. Here is my reef tank setup.
Fluval Evo 13.5
Light: stock
Pump: Sicce Syncra 1.0 (251gph)
Filtration:
Chamber 1: InTank Media basket with filter floss, Chemi-Pure Blue, and Seachem Purigen
Chamber 2: Stock filtration
Chamber 3: Heater and Pump
Display: Approximately 12lbs of Life Rock and Live Sand
Live Stock: (2) Percula Clownfish, (1) Diamond Goby, (2) Turbo Snails, (2) Nasarius Snails, (2) Hermit Crabs.

Now I’m just prepping to add corals and really get my little reef going. I look forward to picking your brains and lending any assistance I can.

ShockTank

9F6BDCA6-CD25-4576-8FB3-44CBCF86A980.jpeg

Welcome to R2R and reefing. Nice looking tank.
lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new