New Reefer from Missouri

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Hi Kevin! Welcome to the hobby! I am also a reefer in SWMO. Im East of ya, in Sparta! Would love to talk to you more, would be nice to have a local to talk shop with!
 
f3ca23fc57b44e3103794e381353d203-3336349759.gif
 
Hello, I am new to reefing through my son, who bought a 20-gallon nano but immediately decided he wanted a larger setup. I bought his, and it was almost fully cycled when I set it up. I finished the cycle and now have added two clowns. I am excited to learn and also add some coral and clean up's.

I currently only check for PH, Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates. Temp stays around 78. The Ph is normal range. Ammonia and nitrites stay 0 and my Nitrates also read close to zero. I have had two clowns for a week now with little to no change in nitrate levels. Is this normal? They seem very active and healthy.

I'm anxious to learn!

Kevin
Welcome to the forums!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new