New reefer in construction phase

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    new 120
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tro

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2016
Messages
60
Reaction score
27
Location
MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Pretty excited about this hobby that seemed to come out of nowehere for me.

I'm moving and with work being done. I figured. Let's put a tank there !

Planning a 120g with a drain underneath and I plan to set up ro in basement and pump it up to main floor where tank is.

Anyone with such experience and preferences ?

Thank you all in advance. Great info here !

IMG_2094.JPG
 
Sweet! Sounds like an epic build about to commence. Welcome to R2R! You'll find an answer for every question you can think of here. Good luck and happy reefing! Document your progress so we can all follow along!
 
Last edited:
Welcome home, you will love it here!

You'll need a monster pump to move water from the basement but it can be done and is a cool idea. I plan to do the same for my next house. Interested in hearing other advice as I may also use it!
 
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R;)
 
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @Tro ! *

Your build thread looks intense.I am sure that you will find plenty of helpful advice here.

1460837541958.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new