New Reefer in Idaho

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my tank last July, it has been setup for about a year before I got it. As with buying most used tanks, it had not been well cared for before my purchase, though I was not very aware of that at the time. I was also given an almost dead anemone (2-3 inches) with the tank and I am very proud of being able to nurse it back to health and have it thrive. I will attach some pictures that show the before and after, it recovered and has split 4 times. The largest is bigger than the palm of my hand (6-7 inches) and the splits have all been 3-4 inches each. My tank also came with a fair amount of aptasia and majano anemones which after some research and hard have mostly been eradicated, trial by fire!

The reward and hard work have made me absolutely love my tank and this hobby.
20190711_073739.jpg
20200322_184402.jpg
Welcome to R2R. Well done on your nursing skills.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R !!! Where in Idaho are you? I’m in Libby, MT 60 miles east of Bonners Ferry, ID.
Wow. Love, absolutely love, the Libby area. If I could find a decent job up there, I'd move, like tomorrow. I'm up for connecting. My rbta just split and I've got a bunch of Cali tort and blue Stylo.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my tank last July, it has been setup for about a year before I got it. As with buying most used tanks, it had not been well cared for before my purchase, though I was not very aware of that at the time. I was also given an almost dead anemone (2-3 inches) with the tank and I am very proud of being able to nurse it back to health and have it thrive. I will attach some pictures that show the before and after, it recovered and has split 4 times. The largest is bigger than the palm of my hand (6-7 inches) and the splits have all been 3-4 inches each. My tank also came with a fair amount of aptasia and majano anemones which after some research and hard have mostly been eradicated, trial by fire!

The reward and hard work have made me absolutely love my tank and this hobby.
20190711_073739.jpg
20200322_184402.jpg

Welcome! I'm Lisa. Glad you joined. I wasn't online much this past April, so I see I'm part of the 'second wave' welcoming committee (giggle).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Saving that anemone and then getting it to split is really awesome!

This might help you find people local to you, if you are in USA:

This might help you find people local to you, if you are outside USA:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back