New reefer, old school freshie

  • Thread starter Thread starter Doug86
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
DB7DF1C6-1162-415D-8023-85378409D845.gif
 
Welcome Sir... Thanks for sharing your build. Great Place to get info. A lot of caring, knowledgeable people in here. Ask a lot of questions they can keep you from making mistakes before you make them.
 
Hello R2R

Doug here, from Adelaide, Australia :) Long time aquarium keeper but first time reefer. Looking to learn from the hive mind and ensure my long term success with my new reef tank.

Been keeping aquariums since i was 8, breeding fish since i was 14. I paid my way through university by breeding and selling bristlenose catfish. I have kept it all over the years including African cichlids, American cichlids, discus, tetra, large predators, shrimp and walking fish. The final frontier for me was a reef tank.

I made the call to start a reef tank at the start of 2019 and after watching hours and hours of youtube, finally set my tank up in september.

Despite my best efforts, i am facing some issues that I will be digging through the forums to see if i can find some answers for but for now I wanted to say hi and thanks for having me :)


You are now a member of a Great Family…R2R…WELCOME…Explore…Learn …Share

4j.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new