New reefer with a 1 gallon pico

Also check out the journey of Darth Goober, one of my crazy hermits who just might be un-killable. (I am not trying to kill him, he somehow survived through all my failures and mistakes and gets really angry about it).
 
Tank update:

So my Xenia was real sad but after I saw him hanging on for over a week, I decided to make an effort to save him. I did some research and I think my biggest issue was flow. Because of the size of the tank there is no powerhead small enough. So I went to DIY. I cut a hole in the grate where the sump pushed water into the tank. I got 3/8 clear tubing and wedged it in there to get water directly from the pump, kinked alittle and boom, increased flow! Same idea as putting your thumb over a water hose to increase pressure.

I’m still little worried about the Xenia. I read they like dirty water, so I’ve been over feeding alittle my hermits with some nuggets, also I have a dead GSP still rotting in the tank. If anyone has any tips, feel free to share.

I also have a starfish now, hitchhiked from the Xenia rock. So I am taking name ideas for my starfish and new snail.
I also have a starfish now, hitchhiked from the Xenia rock. So I am taking name ideas for my starfish and new snail.

Finally, new discovery: I somehow skipped right to green spot algae and am now getting Dinos. I don’t know how but hey, I’m new so I’m just enjoying the life coming to my tank.
 

Attachments

  • 80B703B8-AEBC-48F2-A74B-BAA94625DFE8.jpeg
    80B703B8-AEBC-48F2-A74B-BAA94625DFE8.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 0B532F7F-299B-4192-B996-FBC10A62925C.jpeg
    0B532F7F-299B-4192-B996-FBC10A62925C.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 89

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new