0   0   0
65C4D638-F080-4494-8DCE-F45CEABA795B.jpeg

Nice tank!

Amateur Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You'll make a lot of mistakes in this hobby but you'll learn from each one.

Tap water is a no go. Go to your local fish store ("LFS") and buy some pre-made water. That will be fine (but slightly expensice, typically $1/per gallon) but you want to add to new daily tasks slowly. Get the hang of the maitnenence first then worry about making your own water. Witth a $65 gallon, you are only going to change about 6.5 gallons a week anyway. (Do you have a sump? If not, are you considering one (you should)? If you do, you'll need to up that weekly water change routine).. Once you get the hang of things, you can start experimenting with little to no water changes (I am just starting a tirtion set up with my 65 gallon display (among others) that will hopefully require no water changes).

The key is to be patient and focus on one thing at one time. Try to get things stable and go from there. Don't be affraid to make mistakes--just learn from them!

OP
OP
P

Percisreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You'll make a lot of mistakes in this hobby but you'll learn from each one.

Tap water is a no go. Go to your local fish store ("LFS") and buy some pre-made water. That will be fine (but slightly expensice, typically $1/per gallon) but you want to add to new daily tasks slowly. Get the hang of the maitnenence first then worry about making your own water. Witth a $65 gallon, you are only going to change about 6.5 gallons a week anyway. (Do you have a sump? If not, are you considering one (you should)? If you do, you'll need to up that weekly water change routine).. Once you get the hang of things, you can start experimenting with little to no water changes (I am just starting a tirtion set up with my 65 gallon display (among others) that will hopefully require no water changes).

The key is to be patient and focus on one thing at one time. Try to get things stable and go from there. Don't be affraid to make mistakes--just learn from them!
Yes I have a sump.
20190823_073316.jpg
20190823_073345_HDR.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :)

If that is paint next to your sump, you might want to store the paint somewhere else/

RO/DI systems are pretty simple to install with basically two screws and a push connect from the water line. Usually when one purchases system a kit usually comes with the system to connect the fresh water source

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family.

Welcome :) and don't listen to what dbl says :) he most likely is related to someone in the Forum to get all of those badges ,, I would guess he doesn't know much about saltwater tanks ,,, most likely a freshwater reefer :) JK

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back