New return pump suddenly barely works

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdw79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdw79

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
718
Reaction score
414
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the following pump https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/eflux-loop-dc-flow-return-pump-1900-gph-6010-current-usa/ for my new Cade 1500 build and have had it installed for about a week. It has randomly overnight lost 90%+ of its power. Whereas before it was so powerful I had to be incredibly careful about adjusting the knob even a little bit, now it barely puts out any water even at 100%. I tried flipping it around in case somehow air bubbles were the issue, and I checked the connection from the pump to the tubing and there wasn't any leakage or any other obvious way that head pressure was being lost. I'm at a bit of a loss, especially as I can't imagine that this pump could have failed like this so quickly. Any ideas?
 
I had a similar issue today. Turned out the pump had inhaled a loose suction cup into the intake. Easy fix, I hope your situation is resolved quickly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new