New rock flower help

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaxtheCat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

MaxtheCat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2020
Messages
32
Reaction score
10
Location
Petersham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone:) I brought home a new rock flower anemone last night kind of late so I thought to put him and his rubble he came with in a suction cup glass holder to keep him safe until the morning. Well, of course he stuck himself really well to the bottom of the glass cup! I just put him upside down next to my other RFA hoping he would get aggravated and drop. What would you do here? He can't really live in that cup, can he? He will get too big and won't he want passing food and nutrients to come to him?
20210216_094238.jpg
 
May need to encourage the move a bit. I have had very little issues with gently moving the RFA. Just use a long finger nail and gently peel the foot off. Lacking a long finger nail, just wait till they grow a bit. :) That glass looks like it would be tough to try anything else without damaging it.
 
May need to encourage the move a bit. I have had very little issues with gently moving the RFA. Just use a long finger nail and gently peel the foot off. Lacking a long finger nail, just wait till they grow a bit. :) That glass looks like it would be tough to try anything else without damaging it.
I did it! There was a little bit of slime left on the bottom where he was, though. Did I hurt him or do they leave some of that when they are moved, do you know?
 

Attachments

  • 20210216_100852.jpg
    20210216_100852.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 55

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new