New rock flower help

MaxtheCat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone:) I brought home a new rock flower anemone last night kind of late so I thought to put him and his rubble he came with in a suction cup glass holder to keep him safe until the morning. Well, of course he stuck himself really well to the bottom of the glass cup! I just put him upside down next to my other RFA hoping he would get aggravated and drop. What would you do here? He can't really live in that cup, can he? He will get too big and won't he want passing food and nutrients to come to him?
20210216_094238.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May need to encourage the move a bit. I have had very little issues with gently moving the RFA. Just use a long finger nail and gently peel the foot off. Lacking a long finger nail, just wait till they grow a bit. :) That glass looks like it would be tough to try anything else without damaging it.

OP
OP
MaxtheCat

MaxtheCat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May need to encourage the move a bit. I have had very little issues with gently moving the RFA. Just use a long finger nail and gently peel the foot off. Lacking a long finger nail, just wait till they grow a bit. :) That glass looks like it would be tough to try anything else without damaging it.
I did it! There was a little bit of slime left on the bottom where he was, though. Did I hurt him or do they leave some of that when they are moved, do you know?

Attachments

• 20210216_100852.jpg
    20210216_100852.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 30

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back