New S Gigantea Need Help

jaredwhite12

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, shortly after my first post I was able to source a S Gigantea from Corals Anonymous. It arrived and doesn’t look amazing, but from all of the research I’ve done it seems salvageable.

Below is a picture of how it currently looks. I have it in a 10gal quarantine tank, I have cipro ready, I’m just unsure on dosing it right off the bat or waiting 12 hours for the anemone to acclimate to the quarantine tank water. The tentacles are sticky and moving around on their own. I have a sponge filter in there running right now, powerhead is off.

Parameters as follows:
Salinity 1.026
Temp: 78
Lights: Off for first 24 hours, then ai hydra on 10% blue channels, uv and violet 2%, white 3%, everything else off.

Please send advice @D-Nak
@OrionM



IMG_4377.jpeg

IMG_4379.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I would read about antibiotic treatments for anemones in the anemone sub forum at reef2reef. There are good directions.
Hey Randy, I have read a bunch of them. I have everything ready to go, I guess my question is does this still look viable, and should I immediately dose Cipro or should I give it time to settle into the hospital tank. Thanks in advance
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new