New sand question

thesoulpatch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2017
Messages
621
Reaction score
333
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be setting up my tank soon and noticed sand is on sale right now. If I buy some rinse it then toss it all in a tote and store it in my basement over the next few months. Will it get nasty if not fully dried out, or will it be okay?

I'm looking at doing about 120 lbs of sand.
 
Hey welcome to the saltier side !

What type of sand are you looking into? Most common one is the caribsea fiji pink and those are live reef sand - you dont rinse, just add it into the tank when you are ready for the setup.
 
It's special grade. I don't want live sand as it comes to cloudy, even with the packet inside. That why i was gonna buy dry sand rinse it and store it. I just was curious if it will get gross if let in a tote wet.
 
Agreed, buy it now, store it, and rinse it well before use 🙂
 
I agree with everyone else, I would just buy it and store it til you are ready to use it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new