New set up check out my ocellaris

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a brand new 55 gallon tank what other fish can you see in this tank??

image.jpg

image.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, how old is the setup?

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot believe that it is cycled already. Out of principle.

Ly78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe he meant its been cycled before adding the fish

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Nice size tank!

It does look extremely new, did you have any established LR to put in there to help build up the bacteria colony? If not it's a good idea to try and find some locally.

Is there enough room to get behind the tank and put a background on it? I'm a big fan of backgrounds, they really draw your attention to the contents of the tank rather than the cords behind it.

Good luck, enjoy the fun of a new tank. Try to let it break in a bit before adding anything else.

OP
OP
Armani

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has posted about 10 threads all with misleading info. Read all of his threads.
Not misleading on my part, I’ve been asking questions through out the process as it was cycling, I haven’t posted every single pic but it’s been cycling for a month before I’ve added the fish and I took a sample to the store to make sure all the parameters are good.

OP
OP
Armani

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Nice size tank!

It does look extremely new, did you have any established LR to put in there to help build up the bacteria colony? If not it's a good idea to try and find some locally.

Is there enough room to get behind the tank and put a background on it? I'm a big fan of backgrounds, they really draw your attention to the contents of the tank rather than the cords behind it.

Good luck, enjoy the fun of a new tank. Try to let it break in a bit before adding anything else.
There is enough room to put one idk how I feel about a background, I know the cords aren’t the prettiest thing but eventually I’ll be making it into a reef tank anyway there’s will be color soon

OP
OP
Armani

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Nice size tank!

Also yes the big rock all the way on the left is live rock I bought from the LFS and the rest is dry Rock with live sand

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back