New Skimz QuietPro DC pumps.

Flameback Pair

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
6,613
Reaction score
6,042
Location
LIVING WELLS MONTANA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will the new Skimz QuietPro DC pumps be available and shipping with skimmers? I read about them in an October 2016 Reef Builders article. Will the External Skimz skimmers also sell with these DC pumps as well?
 
Hey there!

We are expecting the new Skimz QuietPro DC pumps soon. I know we just got a big load of Skimz products, but I don't think the new pumps were in there. I wouldn't be surprised if Skimz eventually used these pumps with skimmers, but as it stands now the pumps are only utility pumps, geared more towards return pumping. They currently do not include a needle wheel impeller nor an air intake volute for skimmer operation, but fingers crossed that they do! :)

-Randy
 
Oh bummer, I was hoping to see upgraded skimmer pumps on Skimz skimmers. In that case I'll go with a Skimz external skimmer instead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new