New sponsored threads in our marketplace forums!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone!! We're excited to announce that we're making a change to our marketplace policies and will now be allowing sponsors to post specific items to the regular marketplace forums. For those of you who may not be excited about this, don't fret, we have created a way for you to opt out of seeing sponsor posts in these forums, but we do hope that you'll hear us out.

We feel like this is a positive change because:

1) These will all be WYSIWYG items and none of these new posts will be ads for generic sales. That means these new posts shouldn't feel spammy, but should simply add more items for you to choose from in the marketplace forums. Additionally, these posts will each be easily identifiable with a "Sponsored" tag that will be visible allowing you to know it's a post from a R2R sponsor before opening it.
2) It will make it easier for you to find specific items you have been looking for (since searching in the regular marketplace forums will now turn up even more offerings of whatever coral/item you are on the hunt for)!
3) It will provide a broader number of WYSIWYG items for you to browse through. I'm a huge window shopper, and I love looking at lots of corals. You never know what items you didn't even know were available!
4) You'll likely meet vendors and hobbyists you wouldn't have normally even known about. Having a more active marketplace means that even more people will be posting items for sale, and you might just discover some sponsors that you haven't interacted with previously are just the kind of people you've been hoping to meet!

For those of you who feel this isn't your particular cup of tea, opting out is easy. Just go to your account preferences (CLICK HERE) and find "Hide Sponsor Threads in Sale Forum" and check the "Yes" in the box. Easy peasy and you won't see any sponsor sales in the regular marketplace forums.

Untitled-1.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great!

Great idea for sponsors and members! Kinda like a VIP access program!

Doctor Derp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a terrible idea. You've got a handful of sponsors who post the vast majority of sale threads. They should be posting in their sponsors section instead of clogging up hobbyist sales with their constant advertisements.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was a terrible idea. You've got a handful of sponsors who post the vast majority of sale threads. They should be posting in their sponsors section instead of clogging up hobbyist sales with their constant advertisements.
If you see a sponsor abusing the forum please report the thread. Other than that you have the option to opt out. Thank you for the feedback.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like somebodies account has been hacked :anguished-face:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back