New Stocking Plan for 125g Mixed Reef

Salt1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We recently had a tank tragedy that ended with a fish-less reef tank. We jumped back in with a mated pair of mocha clowns, but we're looking ahead to more restocking and would like some advice.

Pre-tragedy, we had (13) Green Chromis, (1) Purple Tang, & (2) Clowns... in addition to a host of inverts - (2) Peppermint shrimp, (2) Scarlett Cleaner Shrimp, (1) Blood Shrimp, (1) Red Fromia Starfish.

Our corals made it through only slightly worse for the wear - GSP, Maze Brain, Duncans, Frogspawn, Torch, cyphastrea, zoas, and a few SPS frags.

It's time to build a re-stocking plan. We'd like a couple of tangs... maybe another purple and a lieutenant? I love the idea of a solar wrasse, but we're concerned with their jumper reputation. The green chromis were great inhabitants and their schooling effect was great to watch.

What say you? What fish and what order?

Thanks for all of your help and support.

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss but glad to see you're getting back into it. Not sure about the order but I have always been a fan of fish at every level and a variety of sizes. Green chromis are one of my favorite schooling fish and you cannot beat the bright color of a yellow tang. If you don't have a lid or canopy I'd certainly avoid known jumpers. It's really only a matter of time before they end up on the floor.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All wrasses are jumpers. Tangs in last. Any other order recommendations depend on what other species you go with.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 156 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 35.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.5%
Back