New Style Caulking Gun

fishybizzness

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2017
Messages
2,599
Reaction score
3,286
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just saw this new style caulking gun. It would be great for any aquarium silicone jobs due to it's compact size and form factor! No long metal rod plunger makes it ideal for projects like resealing aquariums or siliconing in baffles in a diy sump!

Screenshot_20220107-100842_Chrome.jpg
 
Looking at that picture I can't even determine how that would squeeze anything. Magic with magnets or something. Then I saw that it slices the tube. Not as magic as I thought, and useless until it's useful. Still good innovation.

Screenshot_2022-01-07_09-54-06.png
 
If you are resealing an aquarium or building on I would highly recommend the Ryobi ONE+ 18V Power Caulk and Adhesive Gun. Its only $50 if you already have their tools and batteries. Once you get past a few tubes by hand and you have a limited working/skin time to complete the reseal the battery operated caulking gun pays for itself.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new