New Sump/Fuge

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,
I have ordered a new sump and has a spot for a Fuge, I am having difficulty finding information on how to set up my fuge so i am hoping you guys can help me out. Any and all information is helpful but let me start with i am looking into whether or not i should have sand or mud or nothing at all and if i do put new sand of mud what would it do to my DT.

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal preference on the DT, lots of people are going bare bottom now to have increased flow and removal of waste. How big is the fuge section? If its pretty small, you would probably benefit more from having liverock down there, no substrate. But if it is on the larger side, its a great place for pods and other sand dwelling critters to grow and populate.

OP
OP
Steven C

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is 10x7" i definitely want a couple of different types of macro and probably pods

OP
OP
Steven C

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal preference on the DT, lots of people are going bare bottom now to have increased flow and removal of waste. How big is the fuge section? If its pretty small, you would probably benefit more from having liverock down there, no substrate. But if it is on the larger side, its a great place for pods and other sand dwelling critters to grow and populate.
also by what i meant by the DT is it going to recycle my tank if i put new sand or mud

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back