New Sump too big

Charlie C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a new, larger sump for my 125 gallon tank. The tank is 72 long x 18 wide so should have plenty of room for a Trigger 36 long sump. Or so I thought. Once the sump arrived I discovered the custom stand restricted placing the sump under the tank; lacked just 1 inch of space to maneuver the sump through the doors on the stand. But that one inch may as well have been 6 inches because the sump just would not go through the doors, even after removing them. BRS did take the sump back with a restocking fee and return freight, so I now have a 34 inch Trigger Sapphire sump on order. Sure hope this one fits!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ordered a new, larger sump for my 125 gallon tank. The tank is 72 long x 18 wide so should have plenty of room for a Trigger 36 long sump. Or so I thought. Once the sump arrived I discovered the custom stand restricted placing the sump under the tank; lacked just 1 inch of space to maneuver the sump through the doors on the stand. But that one inch may as well have been 6 inches because the sump just would not go through the doors, even after removing them. BRS did take the sump back with a restocking fee and return freight, so I now have a 34 inch Trigger Sapphire sump on order. Sure hope this one fits!

That's frustrating! I hate that feeling! I'm glad to know that you figured out a plan B - let us know how it goes.

BTW, welcome to R2R!!!

OP
OP
C

Charlie C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. The replacement from BRS just fit through the doors so all is well. Also share that BRS did not charge the restocking fee, which is a real plus from them

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. The replacement from BRS just fit through the doors so all is well. Also share that BRS did not charge the restocking fee, which is a real plus from them

I think the return shipping would be enough lol Glad they let the restocking fee go :)

Back