new sump with lots of space

ssedna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, I'm busy building a sump in my basement using a 100 G tank , main display tank is 150G.
since I have lots of room in sump and next to sump I was wondering what would be best setup if space is no issue??

planning to have two pipes from overflow to be followed by filter socks ( next DIY plan is filter roller)
than go to a skimmer compartment, a compartment for marine pure block ( or similar ) .
Than the refugium and place for reactors ( carbon media or Phosphate remover) to end in a return pump section .

if any comments , better option, things I overlooked pls let me know.

Ssedna

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested as I'm in a similar situation with a 125g I'm using for a basement sump. I'm wanting three sections. Overflow into a filter/skimmer section, a large center return section and a refugium on the other end. The fuge would be fed by a branch off the return and regulated with a valve.

My goal with the large (thinking 36") return section is to be able to hold enough water there to do water changes. I have a drain into the sewer right at the sump and the mixing station will be alongside as well. So with the plumbing done right, a water change will be simply turning some valves. I saw a Youtube of this being done and it was really neat.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back