Waterbox Infinia 230.6 filter roller install

Reefer45C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!! I currently have a new Waterbox Infinia 230.6 which has the removable filter sock plate for a filter roller. I am planning on purchasing a Reef Factory Medium sized roller. I'm a little confused on the hookup of it. Currently my overflow & emergency overflow dump into the back compartment of the sump midway, and then it flows to the left of the sump then forward to the sock compartment. The sock compartment is where Waterbox shows the roller to be installed but there's nothing really showing how to run the plumbing. I know Im going to hardpipe the overflow into the inlet of the filter roller, but what do I do with the emergency overflow? I am including some factory pics of my sump so you can understand. Will I have to also move the emergency drain into the sock compartment which then makes that rear chamber not used? Currently I have my 800 watt heater in that chamber, which would have to be moved also. If you guys can give me any ideas on how this would be installed would be awesome.

*the red circle in the picture shows where the overflows come from the tank into the sump.

PXL_20230901_133426533~2.jpg PXL_20230901_133407542.jpg

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Exactly, bypass the rear chamber. It is just dead space if using a roller. If you run into problems, let me know. I am making a few modifications to the overflow as well to completely silence it. I will post it on my build thread or can walk u through it.

IMG_2539 2.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer45C

Reefer45C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, bypass the rear chamber. It is just dead space if using a roller. If you run into problems, let me know. I am making a few modifications to the overflow as well to completely silence it. I will post it on my build thread or can walk u through it.

IMG_2539 2.jpg
What tank is this? It looks like my Infinia 230.6 system, but my main & E drain are reversed. Also Waterbox messaged me and told me to convert the reef factory roller from a 40mm to 32mm which is the plumbing size, If I slide caliper the OD of the pipe in my system now its measures 40mm.

jkcoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tank is this? It looks like my Infinia 230.6 system, but my main & E drain are reversed. Also Waterbox messaged me and told me to convert the reef factory roller from a 40mm to 32mm which is the plumbing size, If I slide caliper the OD of the pipe in my system now its measures 40mm.
most pipe is measured by nominal ID, not OD

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

It's the sump for my WB infinia 190.5 --Per their specs, our plumbing should be identical sizes. I reversed the drain location on my own so that my E drain is closer to the filter role and the pipes wouldn't need to cross. Per the specs on the WB website, they are D32 pipes, so I think they should be 42.2mm OD. Did they change this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer45C

Reefer45C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the sump for my WB infinia 190.5 --Per their specs, our plumbing should be identical sizes. I reversed the drain location on my own so that my E drain is closer to the filter role and the pipes wouldn't need to cross. Per the specs on the WB website, they are D32 pipes, so I think they should be 42.2mm OD. Did they change this?
No you are correct I was trying to remember what sizes I measured with the sliding caliper and what the ID is at work, Then i saw your picture and saw you changed the orientation of your pipes (for obvious reasons) and it confused me more lol. Waterbox emailed me back and clarified the sizing, which I ordered all the pipe & fittings for both drains...but did you immediately change your E drain or did you try it in the back chamber first? Waterbox says I should be good to keep it back there but if I wanted to change it, pretty much do what you did.

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No you are correct I was trying to remember what sizes I measured with the sliding caliper and what the ID is at work, Then i saw your picture and saw you changed the orientation of your pipes (for obvious reasons) and it confused me more lol. Waterbox emailed me back and clarified the sizing, which I ordered all the pipe & fittings for both drains...but did you immediately change your E drain or did you try it in the back chamber first? Waterbox says I should be good to keep it back there but if I wanted to change it, pretty much do what you did.
I swapped them immediately during my build. There may be another couple design flaws with their overflow. I am adding a couple 45 degree bends within the overflow to move the E drain more posterior. Otherwise splashes go straight down the drain. I may also raise in 1-2 mm. Also, I am lowering the main drain pipe. Currently it sucks in air bubbles from the overflow turbulence.

OP
OP
Reefer45C

Reefer45C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swapped them immediately during my build. There may be another couple design flaws with their overflow. I am adding a couple 45 degree bends within the overflow to move the E drain more posterior. Otherwise splashes go straight down the drain. I may also raise in 1-2 mm. Also, I am lowering the main drain pipe. Currently it sucks in air bubbles from the overflow turbulence.
Yea I noticed a couple flaws setting up my infinia 230, 1st was the refugium baffle... unless I lift the baffle up a bit the flow going through it makes the most noise I've heard. The amount of space between where the water flows out and the main chambers level is so high you hear crashing water sounds all day. 2nd my emergency drain I had to add a extension piece because I believe its too low in the overflow box, any type of movements from the power heads made the water go straight down the e pipe. I added a coupler to raise it about 1/2"

OP
OP
Reefer45C

Reefer45C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved my overflow and E drain, but didn't have to reroute the E drain because I run my UV into the back compartment... it has enough flow to keep that compartment usable. So far so good with the Reef Factory Smart Roller.

Attachments

• PXL_20230923_024524214.jpg
    PXL_20230923_024524214.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 178
  • PXL_20230923_024541524.jpg
    PXL_20230923_024541524.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 152
  • PXL_20230923_024534826.jpg
    PXL_20230923_024534826.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 164
  • PXL_20230923_024938356.jpg
    PXL_20230923_024938356.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 164

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 230.6. Still in a crate. Scared of the plumbing I must admit. Following

Shelley

OP
OP
Reefer45C

Reefer45C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 230.6. Still in a crate. Scared of the plumbing I must admit. Following

Shelley
The plumbing is super simple, water box does a fantastic job of creating a easy to build system. I did have to extend the emergency drain pipe in the overflow box because personally I thought it was too noisy. In my opinion, the emergency drain pipe was produced too short, causing water splashing from the distance of the overflow combs to where the water sat according to the emergency drain pipe. So I increased the height of mine by adding a coupler.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 119 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back