New Tangs

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally came here with the same question. I bought a yellow tang 4 days ago and I want a second tang, different color. I watched the video that I think is on this site somewhere, it says to add them together and not add after the fact. But I just put it in my tank and it's a juvenile, so I'm wondering if I can add another and which would be the best in a very peaceful tank that also won't get huge.

I have a 75g but I'm planning on upsizing. I have 2 clowns, 1 coral beauty, 1 PJ Cardinal, 4 new blue Chromis, the new yellow tang, possibly a tiger goby...I put him in there last year and he vanished for about 7 months, I saw his face hiding under the rock in June..assuming I still have the elusive goby...I also have hermit crabs and snails, no coral.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally came here with the same question. I bought a yellow tang 4 days ago and I want a second tang, different color. I watched the video that I think is on this site somewhere, it says to add them together and not add after the fact. But I just put it in my tank and it's a juvenile, so I'm wondering if I can add another and which would be the best in a very peaceful tank that also won't get huge.

I have a 75g but I'm planning on upsizing. I have 2 clowns, 1 coral beauty, 1 PJ Cardinal, 4 new blue Chromis, the new yellow tang, possibly a tiger goby...I put him in there last year and he vanished for about 7 months, I saw his face hiding under the rock in June..assuming I still have the elusive goby...I also have hermit crabs and snails, no coral.
In that size tank a kole or tomini tang would be best suited. Use a social acclimation to introduce.

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that size tank a kole or tomini tang would be best suited. Use a social acclimation to introduce.
Thanks. I was looking at Kole last night. I am going to upgrade my tank to probably 125 or so, I'm just searching for a used set up right now since they are so expensive. I'm hoping to do it over the next few months though.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 7.7%

Back