New Tank Build

Esabasard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved to Smyrna and my wife has given me permission to upgrade to a new tank from my 20 long (currently living in SmyrnaReefer's garage). The condition is that it must be integrated into built-in type shelving. The wall is 12' 6" so I am thinking the tank will be in the middle third of it all. I'm thinking 48" x 24" x 16" tall. I don't think this is a typical size so I will be looking for a custom builder. I know of glass cages, but I have heard that their quality isn't what is used to be. Is that true? If so who would be a good alternative?

I'm planning on this taking a long time so that I can do it right and I know this is just the start of my questions. Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael

boxer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved to Smyrna and my wife has given me permission to upgrade to a new tank from my 20 long (currently living in SmyrnaReefer's garage). The condition is that it must be integrated into built-in type shelving. The wall is 12' 6" so I am thinking the tank will be in the middle third of it all. I'm thinking 48" x 24" x 16" tall. I don't think this is a typical size so I will be looking for a custom builder. I know of glass cages, but I have heard that their quality isn't what is used to be. Is that true? If so who would be a good alternative?

I'm planning on this taking a long time so that I can do it right and I know this is just the start of my questions. Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael
get a quote from exotic aquariums in miami. They built mine 48 long/36 wide/16 tall delivered for under 1,000 it has a custom external overflow and starphire low iron glass on three sides and the back has black acrylic. They built it out of 1/2" glass great people to deal with. It takes about 2-4 weeks. Hope this helps
IMG_0200.jpg

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about time you posted here..

welcome...

OP
OP
E

Esabasard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a quote from exotic aquariums in miami. They built mine 48 long/36 wide/16 tall delivered for under 1,000 it has a custom external overflow and starphire low iron glass on three sides and the back has black acrylic. They built it out of 1/2" glass great people to deal with. It takes about 2-4 weeks. Hope this helps

Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. I am a little afraid of what shipping will be from Miami, but your tank looks great!

Hahaha I saw you tank this weekend that is a massive toadstool you have !!!!

That toadstool is my wife's favorite and probably the only reason I am able to keep spending time and money on this hobby. It needs a bigger home for sure.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Savvy is another great tank builder in Florida that is also a Sponser of MTRC Frag Swap and several members have tanks built by them. They are extremely high quality tanks that are built to perfection. Check them out in the Sponser section of R2R
Bill
http://reefsavvy.com/

Last edited:

boxer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. I am a little afraid of what shipping will be from Miami, but your tank looks great!

thanks!!!!! lol yea at first i thought you were in symrna beach fl. sry! Im sure its really expensive, but they have great prices on their tanks so it might work idk. good luck on your hunt. By not being in a rush im sure you will find the best deal.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back