• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luciencote101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I am moving and am going to start a new system. If you had to choose between these two systems which would you choose. Open to suggestions of their systems that size.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would choose the euro braced waterbox because I've seen bowing in tanks that length that are rimless. I don't like the large internal overflows, but the waterbox states theirs are glass. I keep my back wall clean and acrylic boxes makes it hard to scrape coralline without scratching the acrylic. The thing I don't like is the filter sock set up. I'd look into the possibility of incorporating a roller mat.

OP
OP
L

luciencote101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would choose the euro braced waterbox because I've seen bowing in tanks that length that are rimless. I don't like the large internal overflows, but the waterbox states theirs are glass. I keep my back wall clean and acrylic boxes makes it hard to scrape coralline without scratching the acrylic. The thing I don't like is the filter sock set up. I'd look into the possibility of incorporating a roller mat.
I actually have a trigger platinum 39 sump that is on my tank now that I am hoping to incorporate into the system

Wizard677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reefer 1000s does have Aluminum frame fortifying the glass. Not sure if its equal to or better than euro bracing.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stand corrected on the Rea Sea. These newest big tanks are now euro braced. From a reef builders article:

However the two big-ticket changes to the new S line of Red Sea Reefer tanks are certain to be the new ‘euro-braced’ glass design to accommodate the larger size, and the metal-framed aluminum stands.

Article with video at bottom on the Red Sea: https://reefbuilders.com/2021/03/25/red-sea-reefer-s/

Last edited:
Back